History

HISTORY

Macquarie Community College was first established on the 24th June 1950 as Eastwood Evening College and quickly became the largest metropolitan community college in New South Wales. Following a period of acquisition and expansion the college was renamed Macquarie Community College in 1988. In February 2003 the College was incorporated as a company.

Macquarie Community college is an amalgamation of the Carlingford, Eastwood, North Ryde and Chatswood evening colleges which have been providing adult education classes to the community since the 1930’s.

In 2007 the Macquarie Business Training Centre at Chatswood was officially opened in the Chatswood CBD. The Chatswood campus offers students state of the art technology and a convenient location in the heart of the Chatswood CBD adjacent to Chatswood train station.

1950

Macquarie Community College opened in June, under the name of Eastwood Evening College, and quickly became one of the largest metropolitan colleges in New South Wales.

1980s

The College underwent a series of name changes and amalgamations to become Macquarie Community College Inc.

1986

The College established the Macquarie Business Studies Centre, a specialised training division, which was aimed at providing courses relevant to businesses and employment.

1998

Macquarie Community College Inc. took over Chatswood Community College.

1999

The College became an RTO and commenced delivery of nationally recognised qualifications on 16 Sept 1999.

2003

The College was incorporated as a company and became Macquarie Community College.

2012

Macquarie Community College took over Hawkesbury Community College.